Embroidery is the craft of decorating fabric or other materials using a needle to apply thread.
There are many methods to put a logo onto a piece of apparel. Companies and organizations who wish to display their brand can choose from a wide array of ways to decorate a shirt, caps, bags, etc. You want to make sure you are choosing the right method for your company.
Embroidery remains one of the top methods of logo apparel decoration for a number of reasons. Today we will explore some of those reasons.
- Embroidery is diverse. It can be used to embellish baseball caps, golf towels, polo shirts, backpacks, etc. The results of the embroidered logo are consistent from piece to piece and the item produced is a high-quality item with a perceived high value.
- Embroidery is quality. Most everyone agrees, an embroidered logo represents the highest quality decorating method available. When a logo is embroidered, the brand is also perceived as representing a high-quality company.
- Embroidery may be a slightly more expensive way to present your logo, but if you are representing a quality brand, it is the best representation of quality.
- Embroidery is good for small orders. For printing options to be less expensive than embroidery, a quantity of items generally needs to be produced. Embroidery is very cost effective when done on single pieces, small orders to hundreds or even thousands of pieces.
- Embroidery isn’t limited. Unlike ink, which is limited to embellishment of apparel that’s smooth-textured, embroidery thread can be applied to a multitude of fabrics. Fabrics which have a lot of dimensions like pique knits and polar fleece make for great palettes for embroidery. In addition, the thread used in embroidery is soft and pliable enough to be comfortable when worn.
- Embroidery is durable. Quality embroidery thread is designed to stand up to heavy laundering with colors that won’t fade in wash water as hot as 203 degrees F. It is more common for a shirt to wear out before the embroidered image does.
As you can see there are a number of reasons to choose embroidery for your logo decorated apparel. It is always important to consider your needs when making this decision. Considerations like the item being worn, the person(s)who is going to wear it and the conditions that it will be worn are very important as well.